Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lessons I've Learned about Friendship


I've learned that God sends friends
When we
NEED them the most
and every friend has a
SPECIAL purpose
in our lives.

I've learned that we often find new friends
in
UNEXPECTED places.

I've learned that despite the
DISTANCE between us,
a real friendship grows
ACROSS the miles.

I've learned that though we sometimes expect
someone to kick us down,
A
TRUE friend helps us STAND back up.

I've learned that we should not wait to express
our
APPRECIATION for our friend ---
If we do, it will be too late.

I've learned that we should be
OPEN to a friend's view,
As two people can look at the same thing
and see something different.

I've learned that we should not judge our friends,
But
RESPECT their way of life,
Even if we disagree with it.

I've learned that we should not only take time
to talk to our friends,
But we should also
LISTEN and TRY to understand.
If we can't understand, we should
ACCEPT.

I've learned that our friends should always
TAKE
something
GOOD away with them,
Each time they cross our path.

I've learned that friends sometimes
hurt us
UNINTENTIONALLY,
But we should
FORGET and FORGIVE.

I've learned that friends
CHANGE over time,
and that such change should be welcomed,
as its necessary for growth.

I've learned that friends sometimes need
TIME and SPACE, and we should be
THOUGHTFUL and UNDERSTANDING
of their needs.

I've learned that you should treat a friend
KINDLY today, for the people we love most are
often taken away from us too soon.

I've learned that FRIENDSHIP is a
CANDLE
that lights our way,
And though it flickers against the
wind of
TIME, DISTANCE and CHANGE;
It's beauty
ENDURES and SHINES FOREVER
in our
HEARTS!!!

1 comment:

  1. these are the lessons i've learned so far in my 28yrs of existence...and i know there are still lots of things to learn that will make me a better person :)

    ReplyDelete